If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Dia de independence!

José, puedes ver?

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a wonderful day and week! This last week was a pretty fun and exciting one for me and my companion. We had exchanges, and I was sent to La Feria with Elder Sheehy, where we had a pretty good time and did lots of service work. We got back on Thursday where we also had interviews with Presidente Torres. He's a really awesome guy, super inspired, and he got us all really excited for the work. He's a lot like President Maluenda, but he's definitely got his own style. He wants to go proselyting with each of us, so that's definitely going to be interesting haha. He's got a crazy story, he was almost ordained a high-priest before he left on his mission, but they found out he wouldn't be able to go on his mission, so they waited until after, where he became a Stake President at like 23 or something like that. He also baptized 50 people in 3 months while he was on his mission. Crazy high faith.

So, for those of you that don't know, my companion, Elder Lake, wants to be President of the United States. He has a lot of great love for this country, and I honestly think he will do it, he's got some good plans. But with yesterday being the 4th of July, he was definitely on a high point all day haha. We had a lot of fun celebrating the birth of America, and he has shared with me some pretty cool plans and talks and things about America. 

But because of his goal to be president, I was thinking about goals I have. He's convinced me to be part of a political movement to help the country, so that's one of my goals now too. But I wanted to challenge yall to think of a long-term goal (2-5 years) and a short-term goal (1-3 months) and then plan for it and put those plans to action. They can be financial goals, educational goals, or spiritual goals, but just make sure you don't overcomplicate the plan. I am a big believe in small and simple things. I love yall a lot, and hope you have a great week!! 

Elder Packer 

Sorry, I forgot to mention the baptism picture. On Sunday I was privileged to baptize Kassandra Larios, the daughter of one of the members in my last area in Harlingen. She's adorable, she taught me the whip and attempted to teach me a front walkover hahaha. They're recent converts from just before I got to the area, so it was pretty great to see them continue their progression and prepare for the temple. Her parents are Eliza and Carlos Mares, and she's got a younger sister that's 2 who she is being a great example to. They're all buen gente, I love them haha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment