If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Birthday and Extension

Hello!!

First of all, thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, I loved it. As well as for all the awesome birthday cards, that was really awesome:) but I do have to say that my Mom takes the cake for best present, she had pizza delivered to my door from across the country!! Thanks for coming in clutch mom:)

Anywho, for those that don't already know, I have a story! Tuesday morning we were driving to District meeting, and I got a call from one of the sisters in the office. She first mentioned that my release date was in the computer as Oct. 22, and my mind immediately went to thinking that this was the 90-day call that missionaries get when it's 90 days until they go home. However, she told me that because it was in the middle of a transfer, President Torres said I could choose to either go home normally on October 5th, or extend until November 14th. At first I just told her October, because that was in the plan, I was just expecting on going home in October because that's when my 16th transfer ended. But after thinking and praying for a bit, I called her back and told her that I would like to extend until November 14th. I figured that if God wanted me to go home on time, he would have just made it so I would go home normal like every other missionary. So I'm excited to see what I need to learn and do for my extra 6 weeks in the Texas McAllen Mission!!

That's really about it for the week, that definitely was the main part haha. I love you guys so much, I hope that you have a wonderful week!! 

Elder Packer

1. Army of Helaman (bike edition)
2. The border of Mexico, a Mexican family, and Bro Richens
3. Harker and I on the Border
4. Pizza from Mommy😁






No comments:

Post a Comment