If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Welcome to Portland!

Hey Everyone!

This week has been super long, but sooo much stuff has happened this week!
First of all, I got transferred to Portland in Corpus Zone! It's a nice little town, reminds me a lot of home in the springtime actually. The ward is really involved, lots of active members, and we're the only missionaries in the ward so we go the everyone to ourselves! It's pretty great. I'm whitewashing with my companion, who only has one transfer in the mission, so he's still a greenie (whitewash training again!) But it's been really fun, Elder Harker is a cool guy. Unfortunately, I'm stuck driving a minivan. Again. -_- But at least I'm in a car area!:)
One of the biggest things that happened this week is that we had an investigator couple get married and baptized!! It was super awesome, they got marriedon Friday, took us to Corpus to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse, and then baptized Sunday. They are so awesome, and the ward has them super fellowshipped, they're great. Awesome gente. 

Elder Harker and I both are really excited to work in this area. The members are awesome, the people are friendly, and even though it's only been a week, it's been a really great week!
For this week, I just wanna say I love you guys a lot. Whenever I meet people they always ask how long I've been on my mission and it's really weird to say that I've been out for over a year and go home in October. I thank you guys for all the support you've given me and I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you!
Elder Packer
1. Welcome to the Great White North
2. Mi and mi compa
3. Victor and Marissa getting married
4. Victor and Marissa getting baptized
5. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment