If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Valentines Day!

Hello!
I hope all of you had a great Valentine's Day! I for sure had a really fun week.

Monday-Thursday we had an exchange with Elder Russell because his comp was in McAllen, so we had a lot of fun going around Portland and Rockport as a trio. Trio's are a unique experience hahaha:) but that was a lot of fun, and then on Friday we had a ward cake auction to raise money for the Boy Scouts, and that was nuts! A few members gave us some money to spend on cakes, and me and my companion ended up walking out with a tres leches, a carrot cake, a huge chocolate cake, a half dozen Red Velvet cupcakes, a few boxes of cookies/brownies, some oreo truffles, chocolate dipped oreos, and a bag of caramels. My comp (who has diabetes) was thrilled!! His insulin pump stopped working for a few hours, so he couldn't really eat too much, but when we got home he pounded hahaha. 

That was really the major part of the week. We're finally getting settled here and know what the work is like in Portland, so we're planning on coming down hard this week. I want to thank everyone who has supported us in their prayers and ask that you keep doing it. I attached a link to a video that I think is awesome, and I hope you all can learn from it. Remember that no matter where you live, there are always missionary opportunities. Just keep you eyes and ears open and in tune with the spirit. I love you all, have a great week!!:)

Elder Packer

1. Chester!
2-3. Texan Cars




No comments:

Post a Comment