If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Year Mark

Bueno!

Como están todos? Espero que bien. This week was really awesome.
On Thursday (it was my Year Mark!!:)) and we had Mission Tour with Elder Dube of the 70, and for those of you who don't know him, he's from Zimbabwe, gave a talk a few conferences ago, and is a really fun and energetic guy. Him and his wife spoke to us on Thursday in McAllen, and they were really fun, really cool people. We all learned a lot, not only about missionary work, but about gospel application. It was a great meeting, great day, I got to talk with a lot of missionaries I hadn't seen in a long time, including sister Guzman and Sanchez from Beeville, so that was pretty fun, reminiscing the days of the Beeville Ward. 
Friday we had weekly planning and that was fun because we pieced together a big map of our area to better get around places and it's been a big help, and then we also went and had dinner with the Velez family that night. They're a really cool family, they've made me pozole twice now, which is my new favorite food in case I forgot to mention that earlier, and this last time they had horchata tambien. Sooo good.

My son, Elder Mason, is almost done with his first transfer, it's the last week! It's super weird I feel like when I was a greenie it went by super slow, but this transfer has gone by really fast. We both think we're going to stay here in this area for at least one or two more transfers, so we're not super worried about next week, but our District Leader goes home next week, so it'll be interesting to see the changes there. I haven't said much about him, but Elder Gilliam, our district leader, served in Veracruz, Mexico for 20 months of his mission, 8 of which he had spent as a ZL, then got sent up here with no real reason. But he's a fantastic leader, his Spanish is great, he's helped us a lot in that, and he's just a great missionary overall. I'm gonna miss Elder Gilliam, he's been a real help and a real funny guy. 

That's basically it for my week, I hope you all have a great one. I love you all so much, tengan una semana buenísima!!

Elder Packer

1. Sister Guzman, Sister Sanchez, y Yo. 
2. Year Mark shirt
3. *hand over heart* *moment of silence*
4. Toilet paper we found at a member's house. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment