If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, October 5, 2015

General Conference

Hey!

So this last week was great, but obviously the biggest part was this weekend. 

General Conference as a missionary is very cool. It's a lot different than otherwise, I think because you really do take it for what it is and you apply it immediately. I learned a lot this last weekend haha. 

There were a lot of really great talks, and I loved the ones that gave challenges, invitations or commitments. I started this morning with my first scripture I'm "ponderizing," which is Juan 3:16. Along with that, I'm studying a lot of other things as well. Studying was never my favorite thing, I really didn't like it or really even do it before the mission, and now I can't stop. I love it. I hate that I love it but I do. And I guess it's not such a bad thing, it's just obnoxious. I really do hunger after the scriptures and love them with all my heart. 

This conference was really interesting in that it seemed to really hit on women and mothers. During Elder Holland's talk I just kept imagining my mom bawling her eyes out for no reason hahaha then I imagined her really just taking a bunch of notes. Then in Priesthood session I loved Elder Andersen's talk on faith. It was really great. In the first session, I liked the invitation from Elder Lawrence to ask "what lack I yet?" I feel like I need to improve a lot, so that really spoke to me. Along with the clay analogy from Elder Maynes, that was pretty cool, I liked that a lot. 

I'm sorry my thoughts are so disorganized this week hahaha it's been an exhausting weekend, but I just wanted to leave you all with a little challenge: Read one conference talk from each session. I promise that if you do, you will find something else you were looking for, or maybe you didn't know you were looking for. I love you guys, until next week!

Elder Packer


No comments:

Post a Comment