If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Mijo!

Hello everyone!!!

How's it all going? I hope you guys have had a great week, I've had a lot of fun. 

I got transferred this week to Harlingen, the same stake as Brownsville, so I'm back down on the tip of Texas!! There was talk about going to the Brownsville Zoo for one P-Day, and I secretly started hoping we would so that I could maybe have a slight chance to visit some of my homies from Brownsville, I love them to death! But we'll see. 

I am training Elder Mason, an Elder from Farmington, Utah, whose mom works at the same school as mine, so that was kinda funny haha. It's been quite a first week for him, we've had a lot of fun hahaha. Our first night we ate with a super cool family who moved here from New York and got baptized 4 years ago named the Mullowneys. Super funny guy, and their adopted daughter Sofia is the cutest little mexican girl ever!! She even drew me a picture, I love it!

Our district leader, Elder Gilliam, is really cool, he served in Mexico for most of his mission, then got transferred up here for the last 3 transfers, and he goes home after this one.  I'm not quite sure why he got transferred up here yet, but apparently there's a really good story to it. Our ZLs are also really cool guys, they have a ton of faith and animo and we're all ready to go out and get things done!

Something cool I noticed the other day when I was flipping through the area book was that there's a few formers who were taught by Sister Welch! For those of you who don't know, Sister Welch is the daughter of my stake president who served in this mission and went home a little while ago. So that was kind of a fun connection, we'll see how it goes with some of them. 

That's about it for this week, lots of fun, lots of cool people in the ward, lots of work ahead of us. I love you all, hope you have a great week!! 

Elder Packer

1. Me, my son, and Chainz...;)
2.The zone
3.Jesus on the drums (Brother Mullowney is a drummer, super dope!)
4. The picture Sofia drew me<3
5. Napolean Dynamite






No comments:

Post a Comment