If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Matrimonio y los pasteles

Buenos dias Hermanos y Hermanas!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week! It's been a pretty good one for me:) I got a package from the Augers, so a big thank you to them, that was an awesome surprise, and this week we also threw a wedding! It was definitely the highlight of the week. Lori (a less active member who we have been helping a lot with schizophrenia and is finally active again) and Jorge (an investigator who was actually baptized yesterday!) are now a happily married couple!:) super fun. I made a couple of pies for the wedding, and another member made a cake that was amazing. I don't really know how to describe it, so just try to figure it out with the pictures haha.

Other than that it wasn't too much of an exciting week. We ate a random lunch with some random family having a bbq in their driveway, that was pretty fun, but outside of those two things, there wasn't much that wasn't along with the regular work. But we're working with some really awesome people right now, including Neydin and Lee, who I have been working with since my first transfer, so I've been praying that I stay another so I can see them baptized! But we'll find out next week what's gonna happen with all of that.

So for a spiritual thought/challenge, I was thinking about prayers this week, and how I could make them mean more because a lot of the times it's hard not to fall into a routine when you pray at night and you're exhausted and can't concentrate on one thought at a time. So I thought about it and studied a bit about prayer in True to the Faith, and that was really good. I wrote down a list of things I could do to better my prayers, and said them out loud rather than silently in order to help me focus. It made a world of a difference for me haha. So if anyone has trouble with their prayers at night, I suggest you try something similar:)

Anways, thats all for me this week, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Until next Monday!

Elder Packer






No comments:

Post a Comment