If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, March 23, 2015

PorFavorDisculpeMe

Hey everyone!:)

This week was really great, a lot of spirit and a lot of fun! On Wednesday we had an exchange, and that was the most fun and craziest exchange I've ever been on. We woke up at six to play basketball like normal, but Elder Jardine (my temporary comp) ended up getting hit in the face and fracturing his nose. So we went to the doctor and got that checked out, then stopped and got some breakfast at Taco Bell on the way back (which is actually decent, I recommend you try it:) Sriracha Quesurito baby! Nothing like real Mexican tho:)) Then we had a meal appointment with the Bishop (we had Church's Chicken) and Elder Jardine ended up getting soda sprayed all over his pants when the hermana opened the bottle. So it hadn't been his best day so far. 

A few more things happened that didn't exactly go on Elder Jardine's "top ten favorite memories" list, but then we had a major boost in animo! So Elder Jardine, Elder Field and I were in a trio until about 6 that day, and then the very last lesson we had was with the really old guy that has just been wanting to meet with us to ask us questions about the church and really doesn't listen. But Elder Field and I were guided by the spirit like nothing else, and every single doubt or question or negative comment he had we had a scripture conquer it. At one point he was completely silent for a whole minute, then at the end Elder Jardine bore one of the most powerful testimonies I've ever heard. 

It was an awesome appointment. At first I thought it was kind of a waste of time because he still wouldn't accept that he wasn't correct about some things, but the members whose house we were at were both in tears and smiling about what we'd said and the hermana (who had been less-active without a super strong testimony) said that she felt the spirit so strongly, and was super glad that we were there and that it was such a testimony builder for her, and she ended up giving us a whole bunch of food and a flower and stuff, and came to church this Sunday!!:) so it was a pretty awesome exchange:)

Along with that, Neydin (an investigator I have been working with since December) finally came to church, and we had an awesome lesson with her this week! That made me so excited, I can't even describe it. Her and her boyfriend have been two people in the back of my mind ever since my third week on the mission when I found them. They so amazing, I just hope I'm here to see them get baptized:)

Outside of those two things, there were a lot of other great little things (easter package from mom and dad, I made a pie, learned some guitar songs, etc) but those were definitely the best two parts of my week:)

Y por favor disculpeme, I don't know where my camera is at the moment, so I don't have any pictures this week. Hopefully I find it so I can get some for next week! I love you all!

Elder Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment