If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

Feliz Navidad muchachos!
This last week was crazy and had a really fun surprise at the end. We did a lot of prepping for Christmas this week, helping out members and such. I ended up staying in Harlingen for those that don't know, and we got some cool people in the zone. Elder Taylor, the greenie from my last apartment in Hidalgo came to the district as Elder Cannell's comp, and Sister Guzmán is in the zone in Chambo's district. There's a lot of real fun people in the zone, perfect for Christmastime. 
I went on an exchange with Elder Cannell on Thursday, it was pretty fun, we taught a really cool word of wisdom lesson, and the lady is progressing super well, and came to church all happy on Sunday. Friday we planned a lot and ended up having another meeting after that, and we went and visited Carlos and Eliza and taught their seven year-old daughter the law of Chastity dance. It was pretty fun, Elder Prieto got super into it. Then on Saturday we had the mini missionaries from Brownsville come up. We weren't blessed with one, but to my much pleasure, I got to reunite with some of my homies from Brownsville 3! It was really cool to see them during our Saturday Zone meeting, I was super happy to spend a little time with them. I miss Brownsville a lot. Nothing will ever be so great:) 
But that's about how my week was. I'm really excited for this next week, tomorrow we have Christmas Conference with the whole mission, which is a rarity because the only other time the entire mission has gotten together in the 2 and a half years that President Maluenda has been mission president was when Elder Oaks was in McAllen. It's gonna be super fun, I can't wait to see my son again and all my other mission homies:) Then we've got Christmas Eve and Christmas, and that pretty much covers all of this week! I'm excited:) 

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, don't forget whose birthday we're celebrating on Friday (other than Kamry's). I love you all!! Have a great week and a Happy Christmas!!

Elder Packer




No comments:

Post a Comment