If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, June 22, 2015

8 months...today

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?

It's been a really great week this week! Lots of things were really good, but one experience in particular was great. Elder Jones and I were walking down a random street in George West, and the thought popped into my head that we should knock this one door of this family we had already talked to. I pushed it away because we had already talked to them and they didn't really seem too interested, but then I got the feeling that we really needed to knock the door, and then the thought of the negative consequences for ignoring spiritual promptings. 

So we knocked the door, and rather than the family answer, it was the brother of one of our less active members who was house-sitting for his nephew. He's not been baptized and he's been having a really hard time in life the past few years. He told us all about how he wouldn't have listened to us when he was younger, but he had been humbled and was now willing to listen to the word of God, and we shared how over time people are prepared to receive the Gospel and be baptized. 

We had one of the most spiritual lessons I've had so far on my mission, and he accepted an invitation to be baptized. Both Elder Jones and I felt such a great love for him, we really just want to help him because he deserves it. He's a really great guy, please keep him in your prayers, his name is Rey. 
Anywho, other than that I just wanted to invite everyone to read the talk "See Others as They May Become." It's a really good talk, great about missionary work, and then for those of you preparing to go on missions or already on your missions, I suggest you read "the 4th missionary" by Elder Corbridge. It's an amazing talk, so so good.
That's really about all I have for this week. I love you all, have a fantastic day! 

Elder Packer



No comments:

Post a Comment