If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, January 5, 2015

¡Año Nuevo!

Happy New Year todos!

First off (as usual) I really want to say thank you to everyone who has been supporting me with letters and helping my family at home and with emails and everything, you guys are awesome, and I love you!

This week was really good, but not super eventful. We had some good lessons with investigators and members, but we might have to drop some because they aren't keeping commitments...I feel sad about that, but I trust my companion, he knows what he's doing, and I'm learning still.

We had to be in by 6:00 on New Years Eve, and our zone got together and watched Frozen in the gym at the church, it was really awesome because half of them had never seen it, and by the end they had all the songs memorized, and that's what everyone has been listening to ever since...#letitgo #doyouwannabuildasnowman.

Aside from the repetitive listening and singing of disney songs, it really has been an awesome week, the spirit has been so strong and I've loved every moment of it. This is the last week of the transfer, so it's a possibility that either me or my companion or both of us will be transferred next week to a new area. I really hope that I don't get transferred, I've loved Brownsville, the people here are so amazing and the zone has so much fire and fun together and it's just been amazing, but the president knows where I'm supposed to be so I'll follow whatever he tells me to do and go where the Lord wants me to go.

So to close, here are just a couple random pictures. The first is of me and one of these houses the city had out for christmas. There's about 30 of them in all, and they were all pretty cool, and we actually got to have a service project and take them down on Saturday, so that was pretty neat. Then the other is just a random mission selfie...I'll try to have more and better pictures next week! Love you all!

Elder Packer



No comments:

Post a Comment