If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Conferencia General

Hello!!

I hope you all had a great week and especially conference weekend!! My week was awesome and topped off with the amazing conference! I loved it, I learned so much. 

To be a little brief I just wanted to talk about some of the cool things I thought about during conference. During President Nelson's talk about joy, the scripture D&C 18:15-16 came to mind, that says if we labor to brings souls to Christ we shall have joy. So I meshed that one and 2 Nephi 2:25 to come up with the statement: "Men are that they might bring souls to Christ." Missionary work!!! Then at the closing talk of the conference, Elder Renlund made the statement that repentance brings great joy. So then "Men are that they might repent." 

I like those two statements a lot, but if you use them together, you come unto Christ when you repent, and you are saving your own soul. So "Men are that they might come unto Christ." It reminds me of one interpretation of D&C 18:15, that if you bring "save it be one soul," that one soul better be your own haha. We grow and become more converted as we help others to come unto Christ, thereby pushing ourselves farther along on the pathway of discipleship.

 "After all is said and done, the most important duty is to preach the Gospel."  So my challenge to yall is to pray and plan for missionary opportunities. Follow the counsel of Elder Oaks and see the great joy that comes from doing missionary work. It doesn't matter if you think you don't know anyone that's not a member, or that you don't know if you have any opportunities, I promise you that you know at least one person who is ready and needing of the Gospel, so go out and find them. 

I love you all so much and hope that you have a great day and week!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment