If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Por Tantas Bendiciones

Another Monday!
The weeks keep going by faster haha. Anywho, this past week was really good, we got a lot of things done in the area, met a lot of new people, cleaned up some records, and are still loving it in Portland. The people here really remind me of my ward back home, it's the closest one I've been to that has been really fully functioning in the way it should be haha. 
I don't have too much to say this week, I just wanted to comment on Mother's Day prep. Kids, have fun showing your mom how much you love her this week. Husbands, love your wives. Do what you can to help them out, not just on Sunday but every day, especially this week. Set a goal to do one nice thing for your wife every day this week that you don't normally do. And wives, be grateful for whatever the men do, we aren't perfect but we try haha. 
Now to make my mom cry a bit I'm going to share how grateful I am for everything she's done for me. I wouldn't be out here if it weren't for the faithfulness of my mother. Every day she would hound us to do scripture study, even when I was literally walking out the door. She made sure that we knew that she knew that was something important. And if it hadn't been for that example, I don't really know where I would be right now haha. That, and I'm thankful for all the times you've done my laundry....really, really grateful hahah:) love you!!

I hope yall enjoy this week and have a wonderful Mothers Day! 
Elder Packer 
1-2. Harker and I this morning
3. A picture my dad sent me that makes me laugh every time hahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment