If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, August 24, 2015

10 Meses!!!

Buenas!!!

So this last week I hit my 10 month mark, that's kinda cool. Only 14 more to go!;) I still don't feel like I've been out for too long....anyways!

This last week went by super fast! My comp had 3day training with President and all the leadership in the mission, so I was sent to work with Las Milpas on bikes for all 3 days....bike areas. Hahahaha I had a blast, I'm definitely glad I'm in a car area, but it was a lot of fun riding a bike around all day for most of the week. We talked to a lot of cool people and found some pretty good investigators.

After that I only really worked in my own area for really like Saturday and Sunday, and that was good, our actuals rocked and we found a family we are hoping to baptize soon. Along with them, we have the Rodriguez family who we've been working with for a while, and he finally got the divorce papers mailed to him so he sent them to his ex wife and should be getting an appointment with the judge really soon so that he can marry his current wife and they can be baptized!! Yay!!! We just hope the judge doesn't take forever or schedule the appointment out too far. We also have Nancy and she is super cool, her and her six year old son came to church yesterday and they are awesome. She's kinda shy but she's really willing to do what God wants her to and should be getting baptized on the 6th of September. And then the week after we hopefully have Armando getting baptized, he's a really grumpy/sarcastic old guy, but Elder De Piano and I both can totally see him being that guy in the ward that gives all the kids a hard time but they all love him for it because it's funny haha. He's great hahaha.

Anyways, yesterday we taught a pretty in depth lesson about patriarchal blessings to a family in the ward, and I was thinking that I'd like to send out the challenge for everyone that's gotten their patriarchal blessing to really study it one day this week, and see if you can crossrefference any scriptures with some of the promised blessings or commandments or anything! And for those that don't have it yet, I'd invite you to really start thinking about getting it. It's awesome to have scriptures directly to and for you from God!!

That's about it for this week, I hope you guys all have a wonderful week!! I love you!

Elder Packer






No comments:

Post a Comment