If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Recibe el Espíritu Santo

Hey everyone!
I hope you guys had a great week, I know this last week for me was awesome.
I stayed in Portland, first of all. Then early in the week we had exchanges again, it poured rain and that was a blast hahaha Elder Russel and had a lot of fun. A lot of other things happened, but the most noteworthy part was probably Stake Conference. We had stake conference on Saturday and Sunday of this past week, and we got to hear from a lot of great people, including the San Antonio Temple President and his wife, Elder Frost of the Seventy and his wife, and many others. 
I loved what the temple president and his wife said about the temple. I had heard it a lot before, how the temple is a beacon of safety, learning, all of that kind of thing, but it was different hearing it from someone who has spent so much time in the temple. They shared experiences like they were an everyday thing, which I'm sure they are. It was really cool to hear the testimony of two people that spent so much time in the Lord's House. 
Elder Frost and his wife also had great things to say, but I honestly think I like more of what his wife said. She talked a lot about progression and how we are to eternally progress, but the thing that really caught me that she said is that we need to receive the Holy Ghost. She explained how the Holy Ghost is the greatest gift of God that we can get in mortality, but that it can't be given, it has to be received. It made me think of how I could better receive the Holy Ghost, as well as others in my mission and home families. It is an interesting reflection to see how well I receive the Holy Ghost now, almost 12 years after initially being confirmed. 
That's really about it for this week, I hope you guys have a wonderful week, and I love you all!! Have a wonderful time!
Elder Packer

1. Russell and I
2-3. Evidence that I am a Real Texan
4. One of our member's "Star Wars" Rooms. Amazing collection haha I can't even tell you the half.





No comments:

Post a Comment