If anyone is feeling sad, stop. Forget about yourself. The only times we really are sad are when we're thinking about ourselves.
When we focus on others, that's when happiness comes. Everything is a choice. Literally. Everything.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Week Three

Hello friends and family. 

I am so thankful for all of you who have written me, and to those that have supported me as well. Thank you for the letters you guys have sent, Mom, thank you for the brownies, and please thank Sande and Danny for the package they sent me, it really helped and meant a lot to me. 


This week has been crazy good. On Saturday we watched a video on the Atonement (I don´t know it in English, but the version with Spanish subtitles is on youtube as "La Expiación y Obra Misional" (The Atonement and Missionary Work)) and I was crying like a baby. It seriously was the strongest I've felt the spirit probably in my entire life, and it gave me courage to endure any trial. I made a new motto for myself that I kinda wish I had a ring or a picture of Christ that said it, and it is "Do it for Him." For those of you that watch the video, you'll understand. 

Also, I've been reading the Book of Mormon a lot more lately because I have so much time to study. When I got here I was on Alma chapter 25, and now I'm hoping to have it finished by Monday. It really is such a blessing in our lives. I have a challenge for everyone that is willing to take it to really read and ponder about the Book of Mormon, but not just a verse or two. Read 2-5 pages a day, or for ten minutes a day, whichever you feel more comfortable with. I promise you that you will be blessed if you do so. 

There are two down parts about this week; it rained exceptionally hard on Tuesday and I got soaked while wearing my suit (don't worry, my suit is fine), and our senior district in our zone is leaving on Monday or Tuesday. Every Sunday here we watch a church movie and then afterwards there's a little video tribute to the districts that are leaving that week, and I almost cry every time because they play the EFY medley, in Spanish. It is one of the most beautiful things you'll ever hear, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. 

Last of all, today we got the opportunity to go to the Mexico city visitors center, and that was awesome. Mexico city is a dump, but has it's own kind of beauty. And the visitors center was incredible. I have some pictures of both the city and the center, hopefully they make it through ok. In all honesty, the first couple weeks sucked, but I am so happy to be here now. It is amazing, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord and share this amazing gospel. I love you all!

I don't really know what order the pictures are in, but just go ahead and look at them, I'm sure you'll figure it out for the most part;)

One picture I will explain is the airhead extremes, I thought it was funny because here they're called "Chupa Chups" which is almost my nickname. 

But anyways, I wish you all the best, stay strong and Love Jesus!! 

Elder Packer













1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear how you are doing...and how blessed with the Spirit you have been! You're doing great!
    Hugs,
    Tadd and Terri Shields

    ReplyDelete